Safety & Care
Important Safety Information - PLEASE READ:
This is the safety alert symbol. It is used to alert you to important safety information. To avoid accidents and personal injury, read and obey all safety messages that follow this symbol.
Before each use of the resistance bands, follow these instructions:
- Consult your doctor before starting an exercise program. Children and anyone with a medical condition should use this product only with your doctor’s approval.
- The exercise tips we show are guidelines. They do not replace any instructions or directions your doctor or therapist might give you.
- Inspect the product for damage before each use. Check for any damage at the seals where the product loops are formed, and where the band may have been attached to an anchoring point. Do not use if torn, punctured or nicked. Discard damaged product.
- If cutting the band to a different length, never cut on a seal.
- Remove all rings, watches and jewelry before exercise.
- Use in an open area where you can move freely and the band will not get caught.
- This product is not a toy. Keep out of reach of children or pets.
When using the resistance bands, always follow these instructions:
- If you have any dizziness, trouble breathing, increasing pain or begin to feel sick with the exercises, stop and contact a doctor immediately.
- Children should only use if directed by a doctor, and only with an adult present.
- Never use a resistance band to lift a person, or any other object, above the ground.
- Avoid sharp objects that may puncture or tear the band such as long, sharp fingernails, or objects on the floor or under your shoe.
- Any resistance band can break or slip from its anchoring point during use. It can strike your body or cause you to fall.
- Wear eye protection.
- Maintain proper stance during exercises.
- When using loop as a handle, grasp at the seal.
- Check the security of any attachment to accessories or your feet before beginning the exercise.
- Do not snap the resistance band towards anyone's face or body.
- Do not let go of the band if it is under tension.
- Do not over-stretch the product (more than four times its length at rest). This applies to each individual loop, as well as the overall band.
If you have any dizziness, trouble breathing, increasing pain or begin to feel sick with the exercises, stop and contact your healthcare provider immediately.
- As with any exercise program, muscle soreness may be experienced over the first few days.
- If your pain should persist for more than four days, consult your physician. Do not exercise while experiencing pain.
- For beginners, perform exercises without the product until you are comfortable, and then begin exercises with this product.
- With standing exercises BODY ALIGNMENT IS CRITICAL. Square your balance at all times. Be sure to practice the safest posture possible by maintaining the natural spinal curve.
- Avoid hyper-extending or over-flexing the joints when exercising. Don't lock the joints.
- Breathe evenly while performing these exercises. Exhale during the more difficult phase of the repetition and do not hold your breath at any time.
- Perform all exercises in a slow, controlled manner. At no time should you feel "out of control". Take control of the product rather than letting it control you. Do not allow the band to snap back.
- Exercise with the color/resistance level of product that was prescribed to you by your clinician. If you feel this color/resistance is too light or easy, consult your practitioner prior to increasing to the next color/resistance.
Caring for Resistance Bands:
- Detach from any accessories or anchoring points after each use.
- Inspect after each use. Discard the product if nicks, tears or punctures are found.
- If exposed to chlorinated water (swimming pool, spa , hot tub), the band must be rinsed thoroughly in tap water, and then allowed to air dry.
- Store in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight, and extreme temperatures.
- To Clean: Use a mild soap and warm water to clean, then pat dry.